Ortofon is the holder of the BEST license for conventional bone conductors
Ortofon core competences in acoustics and micromechanicals are ideally suited to the manufacture of bone conductors
Bone Conductor is a small vibrator connected to a hearing aid, a niche product in hearing aid market that needs updating.
Our competances in magnetics, acoustics, simulation, materials and micro mechanical systems as well as expertise in advance technologies put us in a unique position to add value to the Balanced Electromagnetis Separation Transducer (BEST) bone conductor design.
The Balanced Electromagnetis Separation Transducer (BEST) - a new bone conduction transducer
Conventional bone conduction transducers, which are relatively large, suffer from poor performance at low frequencies. A new type of electro-dynamic transducer, the balanced electromagnetic separation transducer (BEST), was developed to improve the performance of the conventional transducers. By using a balanced suspension principle, the quadric distortion forces, as well as the static forces between the vibrating parts, are principally counterbalanced. Both the distortion and the size of the transducer can therefore be considerably reduced. Moreover , the static and dynamic magnetic fluxes are separated, except in the air gap regions, giving a more efficient transducer.
All our Bone Conductors are manufactured using licensed BEST technology.
Ortofon Bone Conductor version 2, main features:
BC2 Project Management tools:
- Flow Chart
- Control Plan
- Work Instructions
- Processes & tools
- Housing is designed for minimum radiation from the back of the transducer
- Bigger air gap clearance for higher excursion and processes
- Reduced capillary pressure
- Drop-in on existing headband solutions (footplate adaptor available for low capillary pressure on the headband cushion)
- Same mounting holes on the sides of the transducer, as on the B71 and BC-461
- Compatible with existing cables for B71 etc.
- Impedance matched to the max current from size 13 and type 675 zink air cells (15mA, 20mA and additionally 25mA for future batteries)
- Audiometric version with low impedance
- ESD friendly design
- Future considerations: our own headband solution for low capillary pressure!